Saturday, December 31, 2011

Realistic Textures On Text

I found a good site for some pretty amazing Inkscape screencasts. So I figured, lets start doing them. This cool tutorial for an realistic texture caught my eye.

X Men is one of my all time favorites. Here's what I made.


The tutorial does a bit more than I have done here. It creates spotlights to add more effect to the shadows. I kept a white background, so I just didnt feel like adding spotlights.

Also, I did learn a few things.

  1. You can combine objects and imported images using the Object->Clip->Set option. Its unlike intersection or difference because the original objects can be retrieved back using the Object->Clip->Release option.
  2. And I also learned how to effectively add decent shadows to images.

I did have a tough time using the texture with the text because the texture image was really huge and slowed down my lappy. Eventually, I took a screenshot of the texture which gave me a much lower resolution. That really sped things up. Had to restart from scratch though. The sluggishness really started bugging me.


Signing Off
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment