Thursday, December 22, 2011

Harry Potter Anyone?



I had to install fonts in GIMP. I am using Gimp version 2.6.11, on a windows XP machine. Installing fonts is pretty easy.

  1. Copy the font type, which in my case was the Harry Potter font type (You can get it from http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/harry-potter.htm) to a custom directory, for example D:/my_gimp_fonts. I got a TTF file from here download and kept it there.
  2. Then open Gimp, Goto Edit->Preferences. In the left panel choose Folders->Fonts.
  3. Specify the font directory location in the text box. In my case it was D:/my_gimp_fonts.
  4. Click on the leftmost icon, which looks like an empty notepad, to add the font directory to gimp.
  5. Restart gimp.


Next time onwards, you can simply add more fonts to this directory, and GIMP will automatically detect the newly added fonts. You can also choose to add as many directories as you wish, although too many directories wont make much sense.

Signing Off
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment