Thursday, December 29, 2011

Image To Text

There is a nifty video on youtube that shows you how to create an image in GIMP as if it is made using text. I did my bit and tried to make something too. Of course, I changed the image, as per my liking. No points for guessing who she is.

Here's my take.



I did learn a few things.

  1. If you want to paste a paragraph of text such that the text overflows, first resize the textbox as per your preferences then type/paste the text. If you first paste the text and then resize, your text will remain only on one single line, if it does not have any line breaks by default. Mine did not, so I had to figure that out.
  2. Secondly, there is a lot of use of the layer mode screen in this image. I didnt know screen was so useful. You can find the official documentation for the gimp layer modes here. IMO, using this mode with black color text was the core of the tutorial.


Loved the effect!

Signing Off
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment