Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Circular Arrows Using Inkscape

So, here I am again, trying out another of heathenx's tutorial. This one shows you how to create a circular arrow path. But apart from that, there was something in this tutorial that I feel was far cooler that the path itself. That's the perspective effect. I was like whoa! Here's what I made after seeing the screencast.



There were a couple of things that I learnt from this screencast.
  1. Shortcut keys : - Ctrl+G to Group, Ctrl+Shift+G to Ungroup. Yea, I know these are readily available when you use the menus, but I've started using the shortcut keys only from this tutorial onwards. Will pick up the other, one tiny step at a time.
  2. The perspective tool is AWESOME! To create a perspective, all you need to do is to create a plane using the bezier lines, select the pattern which you want to keep in a perspective ,then select the bezier plane, then go to Extensions -> Modify Path -> Perspective. And voila, you have it! Who would have thought that it would be so frickin easy!  (My inkscape version : 0.48.1)
  3. When using pattern along path, ensure that your pattern is above the path. Do that using the page up / page down keys.
  4. When you do a union, the color of the resultant path is that of the path that was at the bottom.


Signing Off
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment